Tuesday 26 April 2011

Happy Easter!

Easter in my own understanding is the celebration of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Because he resurrected and he is alive, we have hope and our faith is not in vain. In the Anglican church, we would say, Christ has died, Christ I risen, Christ will come again. Like my pastor says, it's a time when we reflect on our life and appropriate Christ's death and our christian walk as Jesus is the reason for the season.

I love Easter because it is a time of remembrance of Gods love for us even when we forget, he was wounded for our transgressions, bruised for our iniquities and nailed to the cross. A lot of hymns come to my mind, one of which is "when I survey the wondrous cross", "the old rugged cross", any hymn which talks about the cross. I love hymns, and I must confess is one of the things I have missed about the Anglican church, I shall be married in an Anglican church by God's grace, I don't think I can trade it for anything in the world.

Let's celebrate easter with the death and resurrection of Jesus at the back of our minds.

Happy Easter people, Jesus is alive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment