Tuesday 26 April 2011

An Easter to remember...

I have finally been baptised.

I am glad most especially because it happened on a very remarkable day, Easter sunday. It is very significant with the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Before I begin explaining the process, I shall bore you with the hurdle of getting to church. I drove all the way from the mainland, my brother wasn't around and so I was on my own, mum volunteered to come with me and I knew that meant I couldn't speed like unwanted so I told her not to bother. I sped like James bond. I recall checking how long it would take me to get to adeniji adele from 7up and it took me just 11 minutes.

I wanted to meet up with the part of those who celebrated their birthdays during the week so the church would pray for us. As soon as I got to church, that was the announcement being made and I was excited that my speeding was not a waste after all.

Back to the baptism, I alongside the others were baptised in a pool. We were immersed backwards for 3 secs and that was it. The immersion represents the death and being raised represents the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and when it got to my turn, there was a White dove and a voice saying "this is my beloved daughter with whom I am well pleased".

That's the story of my baptism.

No comments:

Post a Comment