Friday 30 September 2011

Life is short....

"life is short" has been my display message on bbm since Tuesday. This week has been very gloomy for me. Two people I know passed on which has left me very frightened. After my dad died a few years ago, I kind of developed a thick skin towards death and stop seeing it as a big deal, now that I think about it, I must have felt that way because I had not lost anyone very close to me.

Some guy in my estate who jogs everyday went jogging on Tuesday, while jogging, he slumped and fell on the floor and died probably before he was rushed to the hospital or on the way to the hospital. I froze when I was told on phone, it wasn't until I went to the hospital and saw his body that it dawned on me that he was really dead. I stood beside the stretcher where his body was laid and watched closely if I would see some sort of movement, he didn't move, he was really dead.

I was in awe because I could not comprehend what could have gone wrong, he wasn't obese as I presumed he would be, his body was well framed with all the packs in the right place. I was more stunned because I also just resumed back to jogging over the weekend after 3 months of laziness, I had checked my weight and saw how fat I had become and vowed to loose weight under one week. 

The day this guy died, I was just being lazy and didn't feel like jogging. I remember I got back from work and went to bed immediately and woke up much later. If I had gone jogging I definitely would have seen him that night.

I have been too terrified of jogging ever since he died, I have been doing a lot of thinking and wondered if things would have been different if I went jogging; am not a doctor, but I have been thinking that maybe I would have pumped his heart the way doctors do in grey's anatomy or a mouth to mouth respiration. That has crossed my mind a zillion times.....

I went to church the day after and shared a testimony about how short life is and that to make heaven is the ultimate goal. I could feel the sadness in the atmosphere as I shared the testimony, but it was really in my heart and I had to share it. I felt better after I did.

Another death happened today, this is someone I know personally. He had terminal cancer and I never knew. I heard the news today and went to pay the family a condolence visit. It really made me remember the days when my dad died. I know what it means to loose someone very dear.

I pray that the departed will rest in the Lord's bosom and I pray that God shall console their families.

Life is short, heaven is real and God is still God!

2 comments:

  1. That must have been quite a shock for you. I myself am shocked after reading the account. How can someone who is presumably healthy just slump and die while jogging? Beats me. Death helps us keep things in perspective though, but I pray that we all fulfill our days in Jesus name. Thanks for sharing your thoughts (and cheer up!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for your comment. I have cheered up...

    ReplyDelete