Tuesday 24 May 2011

Self control.

What I wanna write about is actually anger but think self control captures it better.

Now, a client came into the office and brought down the roof, yes, he had a right to be angry, we all do because we are human and it's a normal phenomenon. This man which I will represent as Mr. X embarrassed himself and what he stands to represent as far as I am concerned.

Mr. X's voice was louder than the noise from a petrol generator, he went on and on and refused to calm down, in fact a colleague attempted to calm him down and we could see a punch almost forming on his fist, we all had to step back, thats not all, Mr. X rained abuses and called us names, I just couldn't help feeling sorry for him and his wife too.

It's a very long story but I will just capture the relevant part of the drama. In my own opinion, I believe whoever cannot be calmed down when he/she is angry needs help. I strongly believe that there should be a limit to certain things, I personally can categorically testify that I am not proud of some things my anger has caused me to do and say. Once that word goes out of your mouth, it cannot be taken back!

Also, whoever has not regretted any action taken in anger equally needs to be checked. Anger destroys things, people and eventually destroys us. 

Am reaching out to whomever is dealing with anger, knowing that it's a serious issue is a big step in solving the problem. Ask God for help, do the opposite of what you would normally do when you are angry and make deliberate attempts to let things go.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment